Monday, January 14, 2008

Sorrow

My love called me Saturday night. To tell me she lost her new love. She says he's gone forever; I'm not so sure. Apparently he couldn't handle the weight of her heart. I can empathise. There was a time when I couldn't either. And while I learned, eventually, that I could do anything for her, it was a little too late. She'd already found someone who would love her, and he did something similar. But not the same. His infatuation faded away. And he was left with nothing but the empty promises he made to her. So he ran away, faking an unstable mind. The fool. Maybe he'll learn, like I did. And maybe it won't be too late. If she still loves him, I hope he learns soon. I don't want her heart broken again. I don't know him. If I did, I might've spoken to him.

She told me she wasn't letting him in completely. Not just yet. I was happy when I heard that. Because I know that she needs to learn to stand on her own two feet. Not career-wise. She's more than capable of that. She's a supremely strong person. She's just never learned to be strong in her relationships. Strong enough to not be reduced to tears. But I know where they come from. They come from years of people too busy to understand what she was saying.

I hope she understands her strength. I know if she even catches a glimpse of it, she will push herself to find all of it. She's so resilient. I just wish she knew that.

But it's okay.

I'm here--with ample belief in her. Enough for the both of us.

Leave your sorrow
for tomorrow,
the day that never comes.

No comments: