Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A thought at the cradle of a rainbow.


Sometimes, I forget where I was. Sometimes, I forget that I was even here at all.

I know why.

It's not old age, as much as my roommate would like to insist--I know I'm not old, yet. It's just life. Disturbing me, annoying me, pressuring me to 'live'. So why can't I just 'be'? Well, I guess it's partly my fault. I've conspired with life against my self. Need to keep moving, need to keep doing. So what do I want to do? I want to leave this city, this job. And that will happen, I believe, eventually.

For the moment, I want to be doing more than this...getting by. I want to have created a work of art by this time next January. A song, a story, a photograph, a painting, an ideology, a movement. Read this. Tell me what you think.

No comments: