Wednesday, December 19, 2007

07 -> 08 (Right now, at the arrow)

A fellow blogger's equally introspective about the coming year.

I have my own hopes about it. Perhaps it'll be one that will erase, somehow, the existence of this current one. Maybe by allowing me to write '08 instead of '07 when I put a cheque in the bank. Or maybe by allowing me to refer to last November and December as relatively decent months. But then again, it'll also force me to refer to last September as a month where things went horribly wrong. As a month where I lost my best friend and gained an acquaintance who insisted that instant messaging was meaningful enough and did not at all signify indifference. I begged to differ. I prefer nothing to that. I don't take IMs seriously. Haven't for a while, and often wonder why I did in the first place.

Anyhoo, point is, as I cross over into the second half of the last month of the year, I'm scrambling to find a way out of this city. Need to get out of Bombay to salvage what little sanity I've left. Read Rilke's Letters To A Young Poet? Talks about making your peace with solitude. Where solitude is not marked by loneliness, but by coming to terms with your self, being okay when you're busy being alone, hell, learning how to be busy when you're alone. That's my resolution for these last few days.

I hope that I can.

In the meanwhile, I take what life throws at me. And I find the need to point out this post I found through one of life's many digressions. Watch that video and tell me that you didn't find a genuine smile on your face.

But that's not what I'd like to sign out with. I'd like to sign out today with a lyric from my new favourite (one-man) band.

Leave the bright blue door on the white-washed wall
Leave the death ledger under city hall
Leave the joyful air in that rubber ball today

Just leave the lilac print on the linen sheet
Leave the birds you killed at your father's feet
Let the sideways rain in the crooked street remain

You can find out the band, and song, for yourself. But only if you must.

1 comment:

phish said...

its easy to find a way out. its tougher to do it in the head. for days i wanted to leave, yet i was sad at what i was leaving behind. if only for a few days. strange feeling. and i dont know if i made sense.

i am going somewhere though. with a camera. and lots of good memories from since i was a child.

btw, check the link on the post.